Re: Review of Weikart book

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:40:11 EDT

Weikart's book is excellent and deserves a more intelligent and honest
review. It is seriously misleading about what Weikart actually argues in
the book--which is researched far more thoroughly than the reviewer is
prepared to admit. I understand that Weikart has already seen this review
and issued an appropriate reply, I'll try to locate it. IMO this review was
written by someone partly in denial of the actual historical facts, perhaps
even someone concerned (as perhaps he should be) that the close ties between
Nazi ideals and German evolutionary science might persuade some folks to
start looking for alternatives to naturalism as a worldview.

ted