Re: A word of appreciation

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:54:32 EDT

As a geologist, I absolutely agree with your assessment of the earth's age. Unfortunately, mankind's assessment of things has been very wrong in the past. The bottom line is we don't know but, given our knowledge of the evidence, we believe the earth is 4.6 billion years old. We must not forget our fallibility - that will cause us to make the same mistake as young earth creationists.

Sheila

Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
Can scientists afford to ignore the unsolicited sign that the earth is 4.6 by old and every attempt to disprove it has been found to be false and mischievous. He surely intends us to sit up, take notice and together consider what its implications might be.

Michael who accepts the Babylonian maths in Genesis