Re: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 04:17:58 EDT

  Hello Sheila,

  The promise of seed time and harvest given in Genesis 8:22 was not only after the fall, but after the flood. I would interpret that passage to say that seed time and harvest will never cease as long as the earth endures from this time forward.

  MBR

  Are you also saying that there was no "cold and heat, summer and winter , day and night " before the Flood?

  However, Adam and Eve would have eaten fruits and vegetables, and therefore harvested, prior to the fall. So there is no question that plant life died before the fall. But the Bible makes a distinction between plant life and animal life. It was animal life, or nephesh, to which I was referring.

  MBR Who made up this idea of animal life (but not insects) being nephesh. This is wonderful eisegesis!