Re: Readings on origins issues--request for suggestions

From: Donald Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 17:26:20 EDT

pbrunt wrote:

> Ted and others
>
> The following might fit your requirements quite well.
>
> They are New Zealand productions from the Science and Faith Series
> published by
>
> TELOS Publications
>
> PO Box 56167
>
> Dominion Road
>
> Auckland 1030
>
> New Zealand
>
> Graeme Finlay (Ed) *A Seamless Web: Science and Faith *ISBN
> 0-476-00816-6 Donald Nield *God Created the Heavens and The Earth*
> ISBN 0-476-00817-4
>
> Graeme Finlay *Evolving Creation *ISBN 0-476-00650-3
>
> Graeme Finlay *God’s Books: Genetics and Genesis *ISBN 0-476-00651-1
>
> * *
>
> Finlay is a Cell Biologist who lectures in General Pathology in the
> Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology at Auckland University.
>
> Nield is a professor of Engineering Science at Auckland University.
>
> All four books, published 2004, are an easy read putting the case for
> origins in an “evolving creation” well. They are between 40 to 50
> pages long and are written especially for the undergraduate level but
> would suit anyone interested in where science is taking our
> understanding of origins.
>
> Peter Brunt
>
> 4 Ashbury Street
>
> Stoke
>
> NELSON
>
> Voice/Fax: +64 3 5478044
>
> email: pbrunt@xtra.co.nz

My thanks to Peter for recommending these booklets. You will note that I am one of the authors. I add the information that Telos Publications is a very small private group (of which Graeme Finlay and I are members), without capital (authors were asked to underwrite the printing costs), and this is the group's first venture. The booklets are being sold for NZ$10 (about US$7) plus postage each. I am sure that a discount for bulk orders can be negotiated! Enquiries of a business nature can be directed to Ken Mickleson (who like myself is an ASA member) at
mickleson.ks@ps.gen.nz
I am happy to answer other queries myself.
Don

Donald A. Nield
Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Science
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
ph +64 9 3737599 x87908