Re: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Stein A. Stromme <stromme@mi.uib.no>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 06:48:58 EDT

[jack syme]

| I think Paul has more authority than you on this. ;)
|
| I Cor 15: 35 But someone may ask, "How will the dead be raised? What
| kind of bodies will they have?" 36 What a foolish question! When you
| put a seed into the ground, it doesn't grow into a plant unless it
| dies first.

This may indeed contain an inspired spiritual insight, which I am not
denying at all. But the context of my post (below) was "death" in a
more literal, biological sense. I don't think Paul wanted to teach
the Corinthians biology, but rather that he was using a metaphor or
parable based on what may have been the scientific outlook of his day.

SA

--
Stein Arild StrÝmme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672