Re: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Stein A. Stromme <stromme@mi.uib.no>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 04:15:52 EDT

[Sheila Wilson]

| ... Death is often referred to as a good thing; for example, a seed
| must be buried in the ground and die before a new plant is grown ...

I'm not a biologist, but the statement that the seed "dies" has always
struck me as weird. On the other hand, death of cells and various
other life forms seems to be a very basic ingredient in life. Perhaps
someone more qualified than me could comment on this.

SA

--
Stein Arild StrÝmme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672