Re: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Charles Carrigan <CCarriga@olivet.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 09:13:30 EDT

Dave,

You state that "any world involving reproduction and other change
without the possibility of pain is inconsistent". That can only be true
if all worlds must be like ours. After all, life on this earth is fully
intermingled with death - you cannot have one without the other in this
world. But God is wholly other - He is Life, and life without death.
And I think He could figure out a way to make a good world without pain.
 Yes, God did proclaim that His creation was good. But that
proclamation came prior to the Fall, and the Fall is the reason for the
crucifixion.

Best,
Charles

<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><
Charles W. Carrigan
Olivet Nazarene University
Natural Sciences Division
One University Ave.
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
PH: (815) 939-5346
FX: (815) 939-5071

>>> "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> 9/18/2004 6:42:40 PM

Charles,
You're right. I can imagine a static world without pain. But any world
involving reproduction and other change without possibility of pain is
inconsistent. The world that the Almighty proclaimed very good involves
the pain of the crucifixion of the Son. Alternatively, you'll have to
show that God isn't bright enough to create a truly good, pain free
world. Somehow, I don't think you want to tackle this project.
Dave

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:48:27 -0500 "Charles Carrigan"