Re: A word of appreciation

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 00:22:33 EDT

Vernon,
CL-UK simply agrees with most of us, but is more determined not to be
sidetracked. What is "self-evident truth" to you is silly nonsense to me.
One clear reason for my stand is that the omniscient deity will know that
pi and epsilon are transcendental and will not inspire incorrect values
in his truthful revelation. To you, I am obscurantist. But is a proper
regard for the knowledge and power of God benighted?

I recall the story of the mother watching her son as the platoon marched
by and saying, "Everybody's out of step but my son John." You take the
appraisal a step further, "Everybody's out of step but me." Can anything
I say change your mind? No, because you are committed to the declaration,
"Everybody's out of step but me."

With the vast majority,
Dave

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:46:40 +0100 "Vernon Jenkins"