Re: flying saucer

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 18:43:29 EDT

I have intentionally been cryptic. But, I also do not want to be misunderstood. My point about this passage:

"Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the LORD ,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity."

is that the language IS figurative. It IS poetry. So, the LORD will no more judge the earth, in terms of the earth being inanimate objects, rocks, trees, streams, etc, than the mountains will actually sing, and the rivers would clap. i.e. it is all figurative, it is poetry