Re: flying saucer

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 16:55:44 EDT

I am very serious. My belief is consistent with Isaiah 34 and 1 Peter 3 (specifically verses 7 & 11-13). In addition, Jesus said that even the rocks would cry out His praise. If God can make a donkey talk, he can definitely make the rocks cry out. Yes, I also believe the donkey talked, Moses saw a bush on fire and the fire didn't consume the bush, and Elijah soaked the offering with water that God set on fire from heaven. These are trivial compared to the miracle of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God used His fingers to create the heavens and the earth but He used His whole arm to raise Christ from the dead.

Yes, we are under the new covenant because of the death of Jesus Christ but this is not the new earth. This earth will pass away and a new earth with a new Jerusalem will be made. The Bible clearly describes a cubic Jerusalem with a river of living water flowing from it. If this were the new earth, we would see that.

Sheila

jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com> wrote:
You cant be serious. God is going to judge the rocks and trees, the mountains and streams? I hardly think so.

I am sorry but obviously the mountains dont sing either. And the rivers dont have hands to clap with.

This is just an example of how ALL of us have been seeing scripture all of these years with futurist glasses. The truth is there, plain to see, but it is so hard to understand because we have been trained for years to see things differently. Most of the Church sees biblical prophecy with erroneous presuppositions.

The Earth is not going to be judged. The New Heavens and Earth is here, it is the New Covenant.