Re: flying saucer

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 16:11:40 EDT

CS Lewis, as much as I like him, does not have the authority of scripture.

If you look carefully at Old Testament, and New Testament passages of the
effects of the fall on creation, it is limited to its effects on mankind,
with the exception that the serpent was made to crawl on its belly.
Otherwise the effects are, pain in childbirth, and mankind having to work
the soil to get it to produce. Which I guess is some effect on creation
other than mankind. And death to man.

But, nowhere in scripture does it say that death, came to all of creation
after the fall, only death to man. And Christ's death and resurrection was
to save man, not sub human creation; to reverse the death brought by Adam.

My belief, is that the fall caused death to come to mankind. And by that I
mean spiritual death, a seperation from God, banishment from the garden,
away from the tree of life. And that creation now is, with a few notable
exceptions, not essentially different than it was prior to the fall. Other
than the blemishes our behaviors have given it.