Re: flying saucer

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 05:09:04 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexanian, Moorad" <alexanian@uncw.edu>
To: <Dawsonzhu@aol.com>; "Sheila Wilson" <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>;
"AmericanScientificAffiliation" <asa@calvin.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:34 PM
Subject: RE: flying saucer

> Wayne posed the question:
>
> >"is it possible to design something __better__ than nature: more
adaptive, more capable of >competing for resources"? My verdict is not in
yet.
> On March 23, 1989, Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann announced their
discovery of "cold fusion." This would imply that nuclear reactions can
occur without high temperatures, that is, low-energy nuclear transformations
can - and do - exist. It occurred to me at that time that if nature needed a
sun to create nuclear transformations then who are we to consider the
feasibility of cold fusion. Fallen man cannot improve the design that exists
in nature and thus reverse the consequences of his fall.

This sounds like a variation on the old idea that "If God had meant for men
to fly he would have given them wings."

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/