Re: Evolution of new species

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 17:04:38 EDT

These two come from 2 common British plants - the Common Groundsel and
Oxford Ragwort. Clearly one was found in York (ebor) and the other in Wales
(Cambrensis). Oxford Ragwort was an import and escapee (illegal immigrant)
in the 1830s.

Also I could cite the fertile hybrid of the Buddlea Globosa and B. Davidii
to form the yellow b. weyerana.

Michael