RE: Seely's Views 2

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 14:46:53 EDT

But that isn't what it says. It ONLY say that God is the creator of the
universe, it says he actually created the heavens and the earth (the
universe). If the statement in Genesis 1:1 said, "I am Jehovah, creator
of the heavens and the earth" I would be forced to agree with you. But
the verse describes not who God is but what He did.

Maybe I am too stupid to understand modern theology in this regard but
it seems to me that if this is merely a theological statement it
wouldn't describe actions.

 It is (& here
> exegetes differ) either a statement about God's 1st creative
> act which would have been literally pre-history & pre-time,
> or a summary of the following (non-historical) account. But
> it is not a statement about an historical event.

Then why does it say God DID something rather than that God IS someone?