RE: PBS: Can We Believe in Both Science and Religion?

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 10:18:32 EDT

It is important to differentiate the disciplines humans create to study
some subject matters and the questions that people have asked themselves
throughout history. We have philosophy professors teaching religion.
Most of them have no faith in any particular religion and actually
believe that the whole thing is nonsense. It is like our physics
department teaching astrology just because people have an interest in
it. Questions of fear of death, immortality, etc. are legitimate
questions that people have and may be answerable not but foolish
professors but by historical events that took place 2000 years ago.

Moorad