Re: Seely's Views 2

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 01:07:52 EDT

In light of what we know today about the potentially large consequences
of small disturbances in complex systems, it seems quite possible that
supernatural interventions have the potential for adversely affecting
the order and predictability of the way the world functions. That would
in turn interfere with the miraculous understandability that we
otherwise observe in the mechanics of Creation. That suggests to me
that, in order to render it understandable for us, God might exercise
restraint in how often and in what ways he would intervene in the
day-to-day workings of an otherwise perfectly functioning Creation. Just
a thought. JimA