Re: Evolution: A few questions

From: Vernon Jenkins <>
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 17:38:18 EDT

My disappointment with your recent answer stems from the fact that you
appear unable to see the simple point I am attempting to make. Every major
evolutionary sequence (eg fish>amphibian) has, necessarily, a beginning, a
period of development, and an end. What concerns me - and, I believe, Jason
also - are the earliest stages of this alleged process, when the normal
functions of the creature concerned must be impeded (and thereby diminished)
by changes which, though possibly producing a selective advantage in the
long run, render it particularly vulnerable to extinction at the time (and
continuing). I am suggesting, therefore, that to take as your starting point
a new structure that is already 'up and running' misses the whole thrust of
the argument.

Logically, I suggest, the alleged transition could never have taken place;
thus the 'intermediates' found in the fossil record are, I believe, more
reasonably explained as special creations.