Re: Shapes of a Wedge

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 19:28:53 EDT

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:18:15 -0600 John W Burgeson <>
> >>Your book oversimplifies matters considerably, for there is a sense
> in
> which "slippery slope" arguments can have considerable
> plausibility.>>
> I think I implied that; I agree. The book is by Fogelin. Can't find
> it at
> the moment as we just moved and 95% of what I am looking for is in a
> box
> somewhere.
> jb
Is the book Robert J. Fogelin, /Understanding Arguments: An Introduction
to Informal Logic/ (Harcourt, 1978), pp. 78ff? I think there's a later
edition, however. When I was teaching logic, I decided it was the best
text available. I had a chance to study epistemology under him before he
moved to Yale. Sharp guy.