(Fwd) Re: sharia law allowed in Ontario

From: Lawrence Johnston <johnston@uidaho.edu>
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 21:53:44 EDT

Whoops - I forgot to sign this. Sorry. LJ

From: Lawrence Johnston <johnston@uidaho.edu>
To: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>, <asa@calvin.edu>
Subject: Re: sharia law allowed in Ontario
Date sent: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:39:05 -0700

Date sent: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:44:51 +0100
From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Copies to: asa@calvin.edu

Michael Roberts wrote:

> Denyse
>
> If any of us can find 70 errors in your book, can we have a coconut?
>
> From previous postings it is clear to several on this list that you
> misunderstand a lot about evolution and are not willing to listen to others

Michael, from following Denyse's posts, I sense that Denyse
understands much more about Evolution than you intimate. She just
does not follow the paradigm of theistic evolution. I for one
greatly appreciate her bringing to us the insights of a very well
educated and experienced science writer.

If you are going to enter the fray, please speak to the scientific
considerations, and leave out the ad hominems. We could learn a
lot of biology from a respectful discussion of the empirical data.

Lawrence Johnston

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
 He has also set eternity in the hearts of men"
 - - Ecclesiastes 3:11, NIV trans

Lawrence H. Johnston home: 917 E. 8th st.
professor of physics, emeritus Moscow, Id 83843
University of Idaho (208) 882-2765
Fellow of the American Physical Society
http://www.uidaho.edu/~johnston/homepage.html ==============