(no subject)

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 14:18:02 EDT

John W Burgeson wrote:

> "2.) There are indeed financial benefits to being married. Some of
them I
> dislike -- like all the social security benefits etc. We :libertarians

> would
> be happier if these social programs never came into existence. The
> worked fine before them. There are numerous people trying to stick
> hands in the taxpayers pockets. Now there will be more."
> Yeah. The world worked fine. For those who had wealth. For those left
> the short end of the stick, too bad.
> "Let them eat cake," said Marie. She got what she deserved.

Typical burgy cynicism.

I was dirt poor as a kid. & the system worked fine without the
Charities did what needed to be done. If you were sick, you got heath
(doctor or hospital) for little or for zero $. If you were an orphan,
were homes for you and you had the benefits that most medium income
did. I knew orphans and later worked for one. If you were old and
without a
support system, charities took care of you.

It is only you political liberals who think that the government is the
solution to all our social problems.

Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

In any consistent theory, there must
exist true but not provable statements.