Re: Hovind and Shermer

From: Al Koop <koopa@gvsu.edu>
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 22:18:09 EDT

>>> "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com> 05/27/04 7:43 PM >>>wrote:

What a great idea for movie title - "The Rapture of the
Microbiologists"!

George,

My understanding of the Rapture is indeed quite limited, but these guys
died. I did not think that was a part of it. Our denominational
publication just had a news item that said that the Regent College
bookstore in Vancouver refused to have the last book in the "Left
Behind" series be on the shelf because of its poor theology and writing.

What percentage of ASA members adopt a Rapture theology?

Here is a website:

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Apparently we are only one point away on their Rapture Index from
"Fasten your Seatbelt" prophetic activity.

Actually these are the 11 microbiologists who died. I would imagine it
is a very improbable coincidence:

Suspicious deaths

The sudden and suspicious deaths of 11 of the world's leading
microbiologists.

Who they were:

1. Nov. 12, 2001:

Benito Que was said to have been beaten in a Miami parking lot and died
later.

2. Nov. 16, 2001:

Don C. Wiley went missing. Was found Dec. 20. Investigators said he got
dizzy on a Memphis bridge and fell to his death in a river.

3. Nov. 21, 2001:

Vladimir Pasechnik, former high-level Russian microbiologist who
defected in
1989 to the U.K. apparently died from a stroke.

4. Dec. 10, 2001:

Robert M. Schwartz was stabbed to death in Leesberg, Va. Three Satanists
have been arrested.

5. Dec. 14, 2001:

Nguyen Van Set died in an airlock filled with nitrogen in his lab in
Geelong, Australia.

6. Feb. 9, 2002:

Victor Korshunov had his head bashed in near his home in Moscow.

7. Feb. 14, 2002:

Ian Langford was found partially naked and wedged under a chair in
Norwich,
England.

8. 9. Feb. 28, 2002:

San Francisco resident Tanya Holzmayer was killed by a microbiologist
colleague, Guyang Huang, who shot her as she took delivery of a pizza
and
then apparently shot himself.

10. March 24, 2002:

David Wynn-Williams died in a road accident near his home in Cambridge,
England.

11. March 25, 2002:

Steven Mostow of the Colorado Health Sciences Centre, killed in a plane
he
was flying near Denver.