Re: sharia law allowed in Ontario

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 13:07:48 EDT

>>Ontario, a Canadian province that
allows same-sex marriages, now also allows
sharia law. Sharia is said to be voluntary, but,
as the article shows, there are practical
problems with such a claim when the lives of
enclosed women are considered.>>

Gadzooks! The world continues to become more crazy.

>>It is very difficult just now for governments in
Canada to decide what they stand for. They only
know what they do not stand for - Christianity!>>

I understand that claim, but I don't know any grounds for it. Do you?

>>It is difficult for them to say no to any other
scheme, and they will not likely be able to
mediate conflicts between, say, sharia and
same-sex marriage.>>

What conflicts do you have in mind?

Burgy

Ubi Caritas