Re: Dangers of peak oil

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 11:07:09 EDT

Glenn wrote, in part: "But, one can't conserve oneself into prosperity."

That reminded me of a George W. Bush quotation from 2001:

"We can't conserve ourself to energy independence, nor can we conserve
our way to having enough energy available. So we've got to do both."
(page 205 of THE PARTY'S OVER, by Richard Heinberg)

Allowing for the Shrub's fractured speaking, it seems he thinks there IS
a way out of this mess.

I'd really really like to believe he knows what he is doing.

I am 4/5th through Heinberg's book now. Very depressing. Compared to it,
Glenn is an optimist.

It is not "if,"
it is not even "when."
It is "omygod, what are we going to do when civilization collapses?"

Burgy

Ubi Caritas

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!