Re: Fw: Fw: Pharaoh and his hardened heart

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 19:15:46 EDT

Dennis,
I see a slip here. You assume that the God who interacts with the future
has to be _in_ time, for this alone makes the eternal (non-temporal)
deity not know the future. An eternal decision for the unfolding
space-time creation is surely as active as one that is made on the spur
of the moment. This gets tied in with the claim that, if God knows it, he
causes it. But it should be obvious to all that knowing is not the same
as causing. I also keep running across the silly notion that what is past
is necessary. But, if an event was contingent when predicted, it remains
contingent after the fact. It is true on happening, not necessary.

As for the deity in time, incarnate, note that it involved _kenosis_ and
becoming a slave. I note that the slave is not party to the master's
knowledge of plans--except as told to do something.
Dave
On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:11:48 -0600 Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>