RE: Moorad's assumed timeline

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 23:15:18 EDT

No one says that geologists do not use experimental science to set up their timeline. In fact, that is what I said that historical sciences are sciences owing to the use of experimental science. There are all sorts of data that one takes from different sites and sources and thus must coordinate the timeline according to all existing data. Perhaps you can help us understand the recent work where the geological time gets a new period----Ediacaran organisms appear after a series of ice ages that covered the Earth. Geologists have added a new period to their official calendar of Earth's history - the first in 120 years. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3721481.stm <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3721481.stm>

Moorad