Re: RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 16:34:05 EDT

On Thu, 20 May 2004, John W Burgeson wrote:

> Possibly so. Although I recall the days of "conservative" Joe McCarthy
> well, for I was in college then studying physics. McCarthy (who, by the
> way, "conservative" Ann Coulter is trying to resurrect as a really a good
> guy, just misunderstood), was considered as an idiot at Carnegie Tech and
> Florida State in the Physics department.

This is one reason why I don't like the labels liberal and conservative.
If you use such a term for yourself, someone is going to think that you
have the same views as someone else with that label. Just because these
physicists weren't McCarthyites doesn't mean that they must have been
liberals.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado