Re: Moorad's assumed timeline

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 13:09:47 EDT

> The best example to illustrate what I am saying is forensic science. Here
one collects data that are studied by means of experimental sciences and
used as evidence provided to the district attorney for possible prosecution.
The district attorney forms a historical timeline wherein he fits in the
evidence he has. It is on the basis of that timeline that the prosecutor
seeks to indict a person by presenting the case in court.

How does the Attorney work out his time line?

 "In historical geology, evolutionary theory, etc. there are no mathematical
models and so the workers in those fields fit the data also in an assumed
timeline."

Frankly this is nonsense as it does not address how geologists have carried
out historical geology for the last 300 years.
Also you should realise that no maths is needed to work out the relative
order of the strata. It is a case of observation.
Just what is this assumed timeline?I have never read about in any
geological writings I have read, whether recent or from the 18 and 19
centuries

Thus I ask you to correct what you say or give good reason for your
statement

Michael