RE: RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 10:58:50 EDT

Bob,

Ask your conservative colleague the percentage of conservatives in his/her department. In our campus, for instance, in the political “science” department there is not a single conservative in the faculty. We have a conservative gadfly in our campus and so you can keep abreast of what happens here by reading his weekly columns at the Heritage Foundation website, http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BIOS/cbadams.html <http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BIOS/cbadams.html>

I am not sure how much critical thinking goes on in some of the humanities and arts departments. In almost all cases the courses are geared in the philosophical tendencies of the professor. Let us not even talk about class discussions and how some students are even afraid to say they are theists. There was a very good article in the Christian Science Monitor about these issues but you cannot access it if you go to their website. I can access and will be happy to send it to anyone that wants a copy.

Moorad