RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 17:52:48 EDT

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Jan de Koning wrote:

> I am sorry, but "evolution" is not a "historical science" but a biological
> one. A friend who is a biologist offered to take me into any forest to
> show that evolution is happening now, and combined with other historical
> sciences, evolution can be proved.

Jan,

You have contradicted yourself here. You say that evolution is not an
historical science. Then you speak of combining it with other historical
sciences.

Showing that evolutionary processes are happening now is not historical
science, but if common descent of all life from a primitive ancestor
(whether proven or not) is not historical science, then what is?

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395