Re: RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 11:24:08 EDT

>>Many young Christians are totally unprepared to go to college and
confront the liberal trends that permeate higher education.>>

Very true.

You write as if "liberal trends" were a "bad" thing.

They include, of course, such ideas as female suffrage, Civil Rights, end
of Jim Crow laws, repeal of laws against inter-racial marriage, rights of
females to higher education, rights of females and minorities to contend
for high positions in politics and business, rights of children such as
Billy Gobitas to refrain from a flag salute (the silence on this list on
that case is deafening), the right to question authority, etc. etc.

I am thankful to my parents for being "liberal" enough to set me straight
at an early age. They may have been "yellow dog Republicans," but they
understood this stuff.

There is a reason why colleges and universities are "liberal," you know.
It is because they have had to wrestle with the hard problems.

Burgy

Ubi Caritas

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!