RE: RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:45:19 EDT

I think people, scientists or otherwise, who have no opinion regarding what happened in the past have a right to say so without being ridiculed. Of course, I think those who have particular opinions of past events have a right to discuss them sensibly and try to learn from each other. I do not like indoctrination no matter from what source. Many young Christians are totally unprepared to go to college and confront the liberal trends that permeate higher education. Parents and pastors have to arm youngsters with critical thinking and some knowledge that is not controversial. The rest, people have to figure out for themselves. The Book of Nature and the Word of God have to be analyzed with the same human rationality. I believe the Word of God will not change but it is our understanding of it that changes with time. Same can be said about the Book of Nature.

Moorad