Re: Shapes of a Wedge

From: Al Koop <koopa@gvsu.edu>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 15:17:47 EDT

>>> Jan de Koning <jan@dekoning.ca> 05/18/04 2:36 PM >>>

> From http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200405/0001.html
> > Somewhat more creationist in approach is the Nerve-Wracking
> > B all: a bowling ball on a rope, dangling from a tall tree
> > branch. A child stands before the ball, and then a park
> > guide gives it a shove from a specific angle, so that it
> > comes careering back at the child's face only to stop just
> > in f ront of it. The child wins if he does not flinch,
> > proving he has "faith in God's laws" - in this case, that a
> > swinging object will never come back higher than the point
> > from which it took off.
>
>How does one know which of the many human scientific theories are
"God's
>laws" and worthy of a game in an antievolutionary amusement park?

>>>Did you really think that the above was a good example of God's laws?

Just being a bit sarcastic. I thought it quite ridiculous and arrogant
that someone could decide that one human theory was "God's law" and
another human theory could be dismissed in spite of much evidence in its
favor and then that it was necessary to have a theme park established in
opposition to that theory.