RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 17:32:55 EDT

I am not sure if the gut feeling many of us has for the necessity of a Creator has anything to do with theology. The need for a Creator answers an obviously evident ontological problem. Perhaps simple people have this intuitive sense more attune than learned people who are apt to be blinded by pride. There is a clear reason why the notion of a Creator was mentioned in our Declaration of Independence as the source for our freedom, which cannot be neither granted nor taken away by a government or kingdom. Once the notion of a Creator forms part of your thinking it is an easy step to become a Christian and see the discrepancy in the death of our Savior and the dilemma of reconciling that with evolutionary theory.

Moorad