Re: Pharaoh and his hardened heart

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 10:52:23 EDT

Dave,

I only asked the questions. Simply knowing what choices we will make is woefully inadequate to know the future. Our lives constantly are shaped by mindless events. The Lakers did win the series. This will alter lives. Babies will be born and others will not due in small part to Derek Fisher's basketball shot. The entire future has been altered, and Derek won't know most of it because it will unfold exponentially and impact future generations.
  I see that you have adopted the basic exegetical and hermeneutic view which I have come to call the "Evangelical Revised Version." I encountered it first in a Bible institute. It runs: I can't imagine . . ., therefore it isn't so." I think of J. B. Phillips, the NT translator, who titled his book _Your God is too Small_. He is certainly beyond what we can imagine, necessarily so if He is ineffable.
  Dave