Re: Peeved at the pump

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 11:52:09 EDT

Glenn Morton wrote:

> [...]

There you go again! Beating the same old drum.

The possibility of fusion being the solution to the energy problem seems

pretty remote. We have not even priced out what a sustainable source of
fusion energy would cost. The notion is already so costly that takes a
group
of nations just to fund an experiment (in comparison to the low
development
cost of fission reactors).

Fission is here today and I doubt that fusion will ever rival it in
cost.
Instead of solving the problem with technology that exists today, you
advocate a questionable approach.

And yes I have seen you web site calculations. If your figures are
correct,
given the cost per KWH delivered, there is no economic reason to not
use
fission right now. It is faster, cheaper (?), and much, much readily
available than fusion -- if that ever happens at all. IMO

Walt

P.S. At the next international gloom-off I am hoping that you will join
our
Massachusetts team. We have developed a real good group of players who
root
each year for the Boston Red Socks ;-)

===================================
Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>