RE: Peeved at the pump

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 20:45:24 EDT

No Michael, I don't see it as exaggeration. It was definitely my
impression. Aberdeen was one of the richest places in Scotland and every
winter I saw lots of people walking to Altens to go to work where I did,
regardless of the weather. Lots of people in the building I worked in
lived close to work and thus walked. Lots didn't drive. One might say
it was the green thing to do, but not during a blizzard. I saw one
young lady almost blown down a hill one winter. The alternative, the bus
system might take an hour to get 10 miles from Peterculter to Altens.
Everything I described, I saw. I viewed this as cruel to the poor. My
friends in Aberdeen saw the lack of a national health care system in the
US as cruel to our poor. Different strokes for different folks.