RE: Peeved at the pump

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 06:42:42 EDT

Michael, You couldn't even fit a hummer on most of the Scottish roads!
Are there any of those beasties in the UK?

One thing of importance happened the other day. Opec officials
basically have said that they don't have the spare capacity to lower
prices!

"Algerian Energy Minister Chakib Khelil said on Tuesday that Saudi
Arabia is the only OPEC producer with the spare production capacity to
implement a proposed increase in output quotas. "
http://www.forbes.com/newswire/2004/05/11/rtr1367186.html

The markets have discounted OPECs ability because oil rose to a record
high yesterday. As I have predicted (not a hard prediction),
politicians are already playing the game of blaming the oil companies.
China's demand has sopped up all spare oil and then some. And we are
not finding oil in the quantities we used to. But the politicians will
find the easy scapegoat.