Re: James Kennedy's new initiative

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 16:02:42 EDT

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:16:25 -0400 Mccarrick Alan D CRPH
<MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil> writes:
> I caught the end of Sunday's Coral Ridge service broadcast. In the
> personal message by Kennedy, he outlined his most recent request for
> funds - a new creationist organization: Creation Science Institute
> (if I remember rightly). He is hoping to raise 1M for a
> multidimensional organization - museum, school programs, books, ...
> His voice is just like Ham's or Morris' - evolution and an old earth
> are the source of all evil in America today.
>
> I am not surprised since Kennedy has taken strong stands on the YEC
> position (unlike more recent "converts" like RC Sproul or John
> MacArthur). I was a little surprised that he did not see fit to
> work WITH existing organizations, but that probably is not be his
> MO.
>
> Comments ?
>
> Al McCarrick

I visited Kennedy's church in the mid '80s. His "sermon" was a diatribe
against evolution. I was not surprised by this. But I was surprised to
find a number of bumper stickers in the parking lot of the church
claiming that the product code was the mark of the beast--666. I figured
out that the start, middle and end symbols, which are longer than the
others, looked like the code for 6 in the main number section. I had not
seen this claim before, and do not recall seeing it elsewhere. Is there
anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area who can report on the current
situation?
Dave