Re: James Kennedy's new initiative

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 12:14:45 EDT

Terry,

We're on the same line of the same page. I was also raised on the
Westminster Confession (my father is a conservative PCUSA minister), and I
was *never* taught YEC. Warfield, the Hodges, etc. of course did not
believe in a YE; they were too well informed and too smart for that.

The same, alas, cannot be said of those in the PCA who are pushing this
today.

As for Kennedy, that's interesting information. Perhaps it was 30 years
ago that I heard him preach in person a few times in the Phila area. I'd
have picked up on any YEC stuff immediately, and I don't recall hearing any
then. I heard him preach on TV a couple of decades ago, and heard it then.

ted