Re: James Kennedy's new initiative

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 10:58:08 EDT

Kennedy was not into YEC 25 years ago, at least he never preached about it
at that time. I'm not sure when his "conversion" occurred. I wonder
whether it is related to the view within the PCA (a view that the
denomination as a whole failed to adopt offiicially a few years ago), that
b/c the Westminster Confession and Calvin's Commentary on Genesis both
assume a literal creation week (surprise, virtually everyone in the 16th and
17th centuries assumed a literal creation week), that the PCA needs to teach
this as official doctrine.

ted