Re: James Kennedy's new initiative

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 09:55:03 EDT

        A pastor who's a friend of mine described her experience at a large
Lutheran congregation whose senior pastor was a "great orator." After
listening to him preach for a few minutes she thought to herself, "He could
be reading from the phone book and it would sound good." After a few
minutes more she thought, "He might as well be reading from the phone book."
Mutatis mutandis, one might say the same thing about much of Kennedy's
preaching. (A member of my former parish was a fan of Kennedy and told me
once of Kennedy's use of the "NASA vindicates Joshua" fantasy. He thought
it was great and encouraged me to use it in a sermon.)

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/