Re: A WorldNetDaily.com articlefromwilliam.e.hamiltonjr@gm.com

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 09:03:20 EDT

>>> William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net> 05/05/04 07:40PM >>>writes:

This sounds good, but I am convinced that in their efforts to be
religiously neutral the government schools are teaching that religion
is irrelevant in the public square.

Ted replies:
Exactly right, I've said this many times myself. That's another reason I
don't believe in public education, as presently defined and understood. It
trivilizes religion by studiously avoiding it. OTOH, I think the
alternative has the risk of balkanization. Nevertheless I prefer that to a
religion of nothing, or the religion of the secular state.

ted