Re: Science and Theology

From: bivalve <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 18:01:36 EDT

> >>Might it not be that God's primary interaction with the world is in his
> dealings with mankind? >>
> That is the idea that makes the most sense to me. I know His interactions
> with me; to a lessor extant those with my wife. Interactions with the
> inanimate world (wine at Cana and such), except for the days 200[0] years
> ago, seem to be rarities.

This is somewhat ambiguous. Dealings with mankind are, as far as we know, His primary interaction in the sense of value (e.g., sparrows are of concern, but lesser value, and much less costly to purchase). However, the continuous role of sustaining creation could be termed an "interaction". I think extraordinary interactions are the main focus of the prior posts.

Dr. David Campbell
    Old Seashells
    University of Alabama
    Biodiversity & Systematics