RE: New book on Hitler and evolution

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 11:42:38 EDT

Richard, thanks for your reply. I was just wondering if there is an
easy way to examine the impact of Darwinism on people that expound race
superiority. Does Darwinism form the real basis of their racial behavior
or do they use it to justify their racial theories. It seems to me that
to use evolutionary theory to base one's view of races would require
experimental knowledge of the human evolutionary tree and seeing where
each race falls in that scheme of things. However, such knowledge does
not exist, or, does it? I recall reading that in Germany Armenians had
to research and prove to the Nazi government that Armenians are Aryans
and not Semitic people. I do recall reading in Dadrian's book on the
Armenian Genocide that many of the generals that served in WWI and were
fully acquainted with the Armenian Genocide were also part of the
military during WWII. I would appreciate an answer to my query. I will
certainly ask our library to order your book.

Thanks,

Moorad