New book on Hitler and evolution

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 20:49:45 EDT

I strongly recommend the following new book by my friend, historian Richard
Weikart. I paste his message below.

*****

Ted,

I would appreciate it if you could forward this to the ASA listserve:

I'm happy to announce that my book, _From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary
Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in Germany_ has just been released by Palgrave
Macmillan. It explores the impact of Darwinism on ethical and moral thought
in late nineteenth and early twentieth-century Germany, especially its role
in undermining the Judeo-Christian sanctity-of-life ethic. I hope it will
arouse some healthy controversy. For more information and endorsements, see
www.csustan.edu/History/Faculty/Weikart/FromDarwintoHitler.htm.

Thanks,

Richard Weikart
Department of History
California State Univ., Stanislaus
Turlock, CA 95382

Author, From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in
Germany (2004)

office phone: 209-667-3522
homepage: www.csustan.edu/History/Faculty/Weikart/index.html