Re: Solomon's 'molten sea' revisited

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 16:09:48 EDT

George, just a few comments by way of response:

Thanks for explaining what "Get a life" means to an American. From this end,
I have to say, it sounded somewhat acrid.

I am surprised that you should believe that in Luke 10:10-11 the Lord has
established a rigid precept to be followed by all succeeding generations of
Christians. The Apostle Paul certainly did not see things that way; neither
do present day missionaries and gospel preachers; nor should we. Your
original point, of course, was that there would be little purpose in my
bringing the 1Kings 7:23 analysis to the attention of an unbelieving
intelligentsia. But is one really able to predetermine the outcome of such a
happening?

Concerning your recommendation: Michael has yet to respond to a few
questions put to him - and I'm sure he would not want to be denied the
opportunity of so doing. I have the strong impression that it suits the
purposes of many Christians (Michael included) to propagate and sustain the
myth that the Old Testament writers spoke for a people that knew very little
about science or mathematics. It the light of the discussion you wish to see
terminated, I suggest that idea is highly questionable.

Shalom,

Vernon