RE: FW: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 20:19:46 EDT

I will agree with you that there is some tension. But there is also
tension in believing there is a divine message in that which is patently
false. I call that tension, self-deception. I feel that kind of tension
more strongly than the brand you mention above. But what you point out
is exactly why I have never placed the flood in Mesopotamia. There must
be some history which is capable of being real. The Mesopotamian flood
has no shot whatsoever. See my PSCF article.
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/1997/PSCF12-97Morton.html

96, if those archives are still around. I pointed out to Dick that a
Mesopotamian flood which would move someone from near the coast of the
Persian Gulf to the foot hills of Turkey would require either a solid
wall of water 2500 feet high on the southern end of the Mesopotamian
basin, or a huge dam, or a violation of the laws of physics. If we have
to have the laws of physics change, we can call it a miracle, but if we
have to believe there is a message is such absurdity as the flood as
conceived by most in the ASA, then logic has flown the koop. Just my
opinion.