Re: FW: YEC Destroying Faith

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 19:55:51 EDT

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:39:47 -0600 John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
writes:

> OK, I see the argument. My suppositions (or Glenn's) is not the
> issue.
>
> The arguments seems to be: Hebrews says one thing about a certain
> piece of furniture and the early part of the OT says something else,
> therefore there is an error.
>
> Unless, though, the OT says the placement will be permanent, it is
> logically possible the placement was changed later on and therefore
> no error actually exists.
>
> So I still cannot see a demonstrated error here. Logically, the
> Hebrews description cannot be falsified.
>
> Burgy

Yes, Buirgy, and you may be 9 feet tall. It's logically possible. As for
a change of position, Josephus _Antiquities_ describes the burning of
incense twice a day in the Tabernacle and in the Temple at the time of
the destruction of Jerusalem (III, viii, 3; XIV, iv, 3). Now, it is
logically possible that the high priest entered the Most Holy Place daily
rather than just on the Day of Atonement. But it is silly to make the
claim, though I did not find a reference to the Day of Atonement ceremony
during Josephus' lifetime.
Dave