Re: FW: YEC Destroying Faith

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 19:00:59 EDT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, D. F. Siemens, Jr. wrote:

> Glenn,
> I know that you are off line, but I cannot let this partial answer pass.
> I must ask: where are the sluice gates that were opened to produce the
> Flood?

How would the ancient Hebrews have answered this question? Do we know how
the Babylonians or others of their contemporaries would have answered it?
That seems to be a method used in deducing the Hebrews' cosmology. Just
from the Bible the only input I can find is from Gen. 7:11, Gen. 8:2, II
Kings 7:2, II Kings 7:19, Isa. 24:18 (?), and Mal. 3:10, but some of these
seem to be figurative.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado