Re: Coercion

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 15:18:32 EDT

Terry wrote: "The god of theological speculation untethered from
scripture is a god made after our own image."

This "somewhat theological liberal" agrees. When push comes to shove, the
scriptures are what matter most.

Terry goes on: " the key issue in my mind. If God is not
silent and has revealed Himself then we should (yes, a moral
imperative here) believe what He has said about Himself."

Again, true. But sometimes it is a difficult task to sort that out.

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/astory.htm (a story to tell)

Ubi Caritas

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!